Work with us!
We are hiring a part-time seasonal Farm Hand for the 2023 season. Read below to learn more about the position and how to apply:
- Our farm hand will work 20 hours a week and will primarily assist us with: harvesting vegetables from the field and washing and packing vegetables for CSA and farmers market.
- Our farm hand will also assist us with general field tasks such as: weeding and cultivating, transplanting, seeding, trellising, crop care, and bed preparation for planting
- Position will begin on June 5th and run through October 13th (some flexibility)
- Part-time farm hand will be compensated $15.00 per hour
- Work schedule:
- Mondays – 8 hours
- Fridays – 8 hours
- Wednesdays OR Thursdays – 4 hours
- Harvest vegetables by hand
- Wash and chill vegetables using post-harvest handling methods
- Plant seeds, or transplant seedlings by hand
- Pack vegetables into CSA boxes and prepare CSAs for delivery
- Prepare vegetables for sale at the Farmers Market
- Weed and cultivate vegetable crops
- Assist with general farm maintenance tasks
- Trellis crops such as: tomatoes, tomatillos, and peas
- Inform Farm Owners of crop progress
- Communicate with supervisors, peers, and work crews
- Desire to learn about and apply organic farming methods
- Be able to work in quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift 40-50 pounds
- Ability to work for extended periods of time outside in all weather
- Must be comfortable bending, climbing, kneeling
- Ability to work efficiently with the farm team and also independently
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to travel to and from the farm each work day
Organic veggies to take home and cook with or preserve for the winter!
Email email@example.com with your name, contact information, and a RESUME ATTACHED and we will send an application your way. If you do not have access to a computer, or have a working email address, please call: 952-688-2114, and we will send you a paper copy to fill out and return. In-person, or phone interviews to follow the application process.